5300 Corner-Wrap Label Printer Applicator
In addition to offering a selection of high-quality label print engines that addresses various print speeds and resolutions, the Corner-Wrap system is available with optional RFID print-encode engines from Zebra Technologies that will satisfy the emerging requirements of today's supply chain.
Standard thermal/thermal-transfer print engines produce text, bar codes and graphic images at 203, 300 or 600 dpi. The RFID models combine those capabilities with the encoding and verification of RFID inlays to meet the specifications of EPC Gen 2.
Engineered, manufactured and available only from Weber, the unit prints (or prints and encodes) labels in a next-out mode, automatically removes them from their liner, and retains them by vacuum on a swing arm-mounted tamp pad.
As a carton approaches, the tamp pad applies the label to its front panel, then swings around the corner and wipes the remaining portion of the label on its adjacent side.
The Corner-Wrap system handles labels up to 4 inches wide and 12 inches in length, and will print and apply labels to a maximum of 20 cartons per minute delivered at least 24 inches apart at a top conveyor speed of 60 feet per minute.
Special Features & Options
The Model 5300 Corner-Wrap system includes a number of noteworthy features that add to the operational versatility of this printer-applicator.
• Air-blow application. This is method of air-assisted, fixed-distance label placement can be used with standard applications. A printed label is fed into place and held by vacuum, then it is blown onto a product or package to a placement accuracy of ±0.03".
Model 5300 controller
• Browser-based monitoring. The status of all operational functions and configurations can be monitored by logging on to a web page that is unique to each Model 5300 unit.
• Numerous I/O's. The system can be interfaced with many types of external devices.
• One-to-one media consumption. Special label unwind and rewind dimensions are matched to the system's ribbon supply to ensure they are consumed at the same rate, reducing downtime and eliminating partial changeovers.
• Print job storage. Multiple label printing formats can be stored in the system's memory, making it easier for an operator to select a job directly from the applicator instead of downloading a computer file.
The Model 5300 Corner-Wrap label printer applicator boasts numerous additional features as well, including an upgradeable microprocessor controller, various inputs/outputs, plus durable construction that will withstand harsh industrial environments.
There also are several optional enhancements that can increase the system's functionality. A product height sensor, for example, enables the printer-applicator to label items of varying heights delivered by the same conveyor.
Other options include a 15-foot umbilical connection that enables the remote location of the unit's controller; an adjustable stand for optimum system orientation; label-on-pad and product-presence sensors; plus beacon light alerts to signal the status of label and ribbon supplies.